The story of the Pelvic Floor - online immersion
Saturday 5th September, 14:00-16:30
30€ per person (incl. recording)
We, and especially women, are being conditioned to tighten the Pelvic Floor as part of building core strength, through which it has over the last few decades gained an almost infamous reputation. But do you actually know, what it is? Where it is? What it does?
In this online immersion workshop, we will take a closer look at
- the anatomy of the muscle group forming the Pelvic Floor
- the surrounding fascia, ligaments and bone structure
- its correlation to the diaphragm (in fact all the diaphragms in the body, and the Pelvic Floor being one of them)
- the role it plays in maintaining a healthy pressure system in the body
- how it effects the spine and thus our general posture
- the trauma patterns it can store
- the link to our sense of Self
This workshop is part theory, part practice. After gaining an understanding of the anatomy of the Pelvic Floor and its role in maintaining health, you will be guided through an embodied yoga practice exploring a different approach to activating the Pelvic Floor. You will gain the tools and principles to:
- release tension in the Pelvic Floor
- free up the spine
- create effortless movement in your postures
- re-connect all the diaphragms in the body
- regulate the pressure system in the body
- experience the attitudes of the Bandhas
Recognise the person inside of you through your yoga practice!
This workshop will take place online via Zoom. Advanced registration required. Once I have received your registration as well as payment, I will send you the details for the "Zoom meeting" where the immersion will take place. A recording for replay will also be available!